What is a Well-Woman Exam?
The best way to keep an overall healthy lifestyle and detect or prevent specific medical conditions and diseases is through a women's well exam. At Venus Restorative Health and Wellness Center, these yearly exams include breast exams, heart and lung screenings, cholesterol screenings, skin screenings, Pap smears, and bone mineral density screenings. In addition, lab and urine screenings can also be performed if recommended. At our Bellaire, TX facility, our talented team works with our area patients to provide particular gynecology and wellness services based on their specific needs, such as STD testing, fertility evaluation, and any physician-ordered blood work. Schedule your women's well exam today by contacting Venus Restorative Health and Wellness Center.
What Should I expect During the Appointment?
At Venus Restorative Health and Wellness Center, annual women's exams are strongly recommended and will include the following diagnostic and preventive exams:
- Pap smear – A Pap smear involves the collection of cells from the cervix in order to effectively test for cervical cancer. When detected early on, cervical cancer has a better chance of being treated with less invasive treatment options. It is typically recommended that women start to receive Pap smears at the age of 21. From there, Pap smears should be received every three years to detect abnormal cervical cells.
- Breast evaluation – A breast evaluation is performed during a women's well exam in order to detect any lumps or abnormalities that could be a sign of breast cancer. This evaluation is not an alternative to a mammogram but can be provided as a first detection step for any changes in the breasts.
"Beautiful office and Dr. Thompson truly makes an effort to get to know you and make you feel comfortable. Great experience."- Anonymous / ZocDoc / Dec 13, 2019
"Great atmosphere and staff. Felt very comfortable and loved the layout of the office."- A.H. / ZocDoc / Dec 14, 2021
"Dr. Thompson was very professional and down to earth. The assistants were very nice and patient. Glad I made the decision of choosing him. I recommend you guys to him."- D.H. / ZocDoc / Dec 13, 2021
"Everyone in the office was so nice, easy to talk to and never made it awkward. The atmosphere was so amazing and everyone explained what they were going to do and asked questions to help get to my problems. Will be recommending to my friends and family, great people and great doctor."- E.G. / ZocDoc / Dec 10, 2021
"Dr Thompson and his assistant really made me feel relax and confident. Great conversation and great sensitivity to my personal health issues!"- Y.A. / ZocDoc / Nov 18, 2021
Common Female Conditions
Tips for A Healthy Lifestyle
Having a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition and routine exercise are critical elements for complete wellness. Our team also suggests:
- Consuming an everyday women’s multivitamin that includes calcium and iron. While calcium works to preserve healthy bone density, iron is an effective way to prevent anemia.
- Limiting sun exposure and protect your skin by wearing sunscreen and preventive clothing when outdoors.
- Abstain from smoking, as it can lead to numerous health problems, including issues with fertility. Smoking can cause health problems, like lung cancer and fertility issues.
- Protecting your heart by limiting stress, exercising regularly, and reducing salt intake.
Make Wellness a Priority
At Venus Restorative Health and Wellness Center, our team is dedicated to improving and maintaining the health of our patients. A great way to do so is through women's wellness exams in order to properly detect any issues before they further develop. Contact our facility to learn more about scheduling your annual women's well exam.